Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by over 150 million people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for C++ Software Engineers to join Team Snapchat! Working from our London, UK office,
you’ll support our computer vision efforts — from algorithmic development to building tools and
applications. You’ll cover various platforms and environments, produce high-quality code, and have
high-level input in the design and implementation of our products.
What you’ll do:
- Write production code used by millions of Snapchatters
- Take on exciting projects centered around computer vision
- Learn computer vision on the job
- Participate in our strong culture of mentoring
- Collaborate with various teams to design new software and processes
- Carry out code reviews and help ensure code quality, while iterating quickly
- Code new internal and external products and tools
- Build robust, lasting, scalable, and fun products!
What we’re looking for:
- Industry software engineering experience
- C++ programming skills
- A degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with any scripting or mobile platform development language, for example JS, Java, Objective-C, Swift or Python
- One of these:
- Some experience with creating or using image processing and computer vision algorithms
- Experience with 3D geometry, for example computer vision, 3D graphics, OpenGL or game engines
- Experience with low level optimizations of computationally intensive algorithms (for example SIMD)
- Appreciation of designing algorithms and systems which scale well
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- A genuine passion for learning new things
To apply for this job:
Please click the “Apply to this Job” button below.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.