Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by over 150 million people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Computer Vision Research Engineer to join Team Snapchat! Working from our Venice, CA headquarters, you’ll work on creating new ways to employ computer vision and graphics to give Snapchatters exciting tools that they can use to amuse and delight their friends.
What you’ll do:
- Develop impactful and innovative computer vision technologies
- Write production code used by millions of Snapchatters
- Introduce major innovations that can lead to product features or new areas of business
- Work closely with other teams to explore and prototype new product features
- Evaluate the technical trade-offs of every decision
- Scope projects that require multiple developer resources
What we’re looking for:
- An understanding of 3D multiview geometry, bundle adjustment, and SLAM/visual odometry
- Outstanding C++ programming skills
- Master’s degree or PhD with a focus on computer vision or machine learning
- An understanding of sensor fusion, utilizing camera data and sensor data such as inertial or depth
- Experience with image feature extraction, tracking, and matching
- An understanding of 3D reconstruction from camera images and depth sensors
- Experience classifying objects, matching templates, or using other machine learning methods for computer vision
- Strong algorithmic and code-level optimization skills
- Experience implementing, verifying, and optimizing at least two of the following:
- Real-time monocular and/or multi-camera computer vision systems
- Augmented reality systems
- Embedded, robotic, or mobile platforms
- Robust, fault-tolerant code that is efficient and maintainable
To apply for this job:
Please click the “Apply to this Job” button below.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.